Sunday, April 21, 2013

York

 What a city York was amazing.  I think it has been my favorite city visit so far; I wouldn't mind going back again.  I went to York by train, the train station is one of the largest and prettiest ones I've seen so far.  One of the first things I learned upon setting foot in York is that it is the home of Nestle.  I had some idea of what to expect from what people had told me but the city was just spectacular.  The city is an old mideval town and has a city wall that runs around it, you can walk on and I walked along this path for a while.  You get some amazing views from the wall.  York has a lovely river running through it so I saw a lot of rowers and people out enjoying the water.  The Yorkshire museum is i York and along with the museum they have a lovely garden and the remains of an old abbey.  After checking out the museum gardens I made my way to the yorkminster cathedral which is quite the site to behold.  Outside the cathedral a street artist was working on a mural on the street so I stopped and watched his work for a while.  I also visited a national trust garden while in York called the treasuerers house which was a nice courtyard garden. I stopped for lunch in a square and was treated to some live music by a local band called king no-one which was very good.  I had a fun day out in York and returned home to go out to dinner with my roommate Maria and some friends.  We went out to an Indian resteraunt my first Indian food and it was awesome.  I ate way to much though but the food was so nice.  After dinner we went to the pub for a pint it was the perfect ending to the day!

















No comments:

Post a Comment