Monday, April 15, 2013

First Day at Harlow Carr

 I arrived in Harrogate on Saturday after an epic 8 hour train journey.  I was met at the train station by my housemate Maria who is a language assistant from Spain who is here to help teach English students Spanish.  Upon arriving at our house she made me dinner made of traditional Spanish food her brother brought her from Spain(pictured right).  It was very tasty!  Today was my first day at Harlow Carr, I got my introduction then it was off to work.  I was working with the woodland team today.  The woodland team had a guest come in to show them how to make some rough wood projects and charcoal.  We made stools, mallets, and my favorite flowers.  I made two flowers and brought them home to my housemates.  It was a lot of fun to work with the wood creating projects with hand tools.  Pictured below is me sitting at the work horse making a flower and the finished project.   




No comments:

Post a Comment