Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pests, Planting, and the Pub

 I've had a great start to my last week here at the Eden project.  We did a pest and disease check in the rain forest biome.  We walked around checking at risk plants or plants that have been known to have issues before.  It was amazing how many different pests we found.  A record of all pests is made and then biological controls are ordered and introduced into the biome.  This week in the med biome we were replanting part of California with a wildflower mix.  Last night we went to the pub for a goodbye party.  We went to a pub right by the sea.  It was a lovely view out the pub window.  A bunch of coworkers and I went to the pub after work for a night out.  Today at work I went on the sky walk above the tropical biome.  This once again tested my fear of heights.  The walk swayed a little as we walked to the top but the views were incredible from up there.





No comments:

Post a Comment